The Deanship of students' Affairs was established at the beginning of academic year 95/96 and started it's work on September, 16, 1995. It is distinguished from other deanships because of the tasks and responsibilities that care of; therefore, it occupies a unique and distinguished position among the other faculties being the closest to the students and local community. This deanship hardly tries, through its various services and programmers, to take care of the university student's personality at all levels: physically, mentally, socially and psychologically. In this, it shapes and develops the student personality and prepares him to bean active leader in the future and to be equipped with both confidence and ability, and thus achieves the principle of good citizenship.
Students Affairs Structure
The Deanship of Students Affairs is the closest place the students and local community, It consists of the following departments:
First: Department of services and students care, It has the following tasks
1- Studying the student's social situations.
2- Offering financial assistantships to the needy students.
3- Instructing and guiding the students, socially, psychologically, academically, and helping the new comers to cope with the educational environment and get involved in the university life.
4-Taking care of the graduates, professionally qualifying them, and making up information base about them.
5- Issuing and renewing University Identification.
6- Taking care of the students with special needs and offering all facilities to enable them in their university life.
In order to offer better services, the department of services and student's care has been divided into following sections:
1- Students' services.
2- Care and psychological guidance.
3- Graduates' follow-up section.
Second: Department of Athletic Activity which has the following tasks:
* Spreading sport awareness and extending the base of those who practice different sports.
* Serving the local community and helping in the success of different sport programs.
* Developing and shaping the student's characters at all levels: physically, psychologically, mentally, and socially.
* Commemorating national and religious occasions to their significance and magnificence.
* Raising the professional level of the athletic team members representing the HUN the competitive sports, and working hard to guarantee gaining the first three positions in the championships organized by Jordan Universities Sport Union.
* Extending the base of cooperation to include the Arab neighboring countries.
* Attracting the athletic distinguished students from member of the national teams, level one clubs and directorates of education to support the university athletic teams with the distinguished athletes.
Third: Department of Social and Cultural Activities:
This Department organizes and supervises all social and cultural activities. Additionally, it's in charge of establishing students' councils, associations, and clubs and monitoring their activities.
The Department of Social and Cultural Activities has already established a number of students' associations and clubs including:
- Public Service Association.
- Cultural Club.
- Political Department Club.
- Music and Singing Club.
- Cultural Traditions Club.
- Theater Club.
- Scientific Research Club.
- Plastic Art Club.
- Special Needs Activity Club.
Fourth: Department of Artistic Activities:
This Department works constantly on developing the artistic pursuits in painting, sculpture, photography, dramatic and performing arts, singing and music. Additionally, it works on discovering artistic talents of students and helps them reach their full potential and improves their performances. This Department also contributes influentially to the campus national and religious celebrations through what it offers of various cultural and artistic certainties.
Recently, two divisions have been added to this Department:
- Folklore, Theater and Music Division.
- Applied and Plastic Arts Division.
Following are the main objectives and ambitions for sport activities :
1. Planning and setting up for the athletic activities of all games and distributing these programs over the courses of the semesters.
2. Organizing and scheduling different athletic contests for students of all faculties and institutions.
3. Providing any required conveniences and services for the local community through the use of the various available athletic facilities and utilizes on campus.
4. Conducting research and studies as well as providing experiences which contribute to the athletic movement in Jordan.
5. Participating in the programs and activities of other universities as well as in the various athletic clubs and organizations for the sake of broadening the basis of cooperation and communications among all sides.
6. Singing athletic agreements with the neighboring Arab countries to strengthen bonds of friendship, communications and cooperation among Arab youth around the Arab world.
7. Organizing contests, championship and meeting that could contribute to the development of the athletic performances and experiences of student - athletes.
8. Participating in the activities organized by the Sports Federation of Jordanian Universities and the Arab Federation of University Athletics as well as maintaining memberships in both federations.
9. Holding athletic excellence admission and selecting and attracting the best and brightest of student-athletes.
10. Holding special training courses in different games for students of both sexes as well as working in the Department.